Article Quick Links:
With the Salesforce Action Block, you can perform the following actions in Salesforce, all from within your bot:
- Create a Case
- Update a Case
- Delete a Case
- Lookup a Case
- Create a Lead
- Update a Lead
- Search Contact by Email
Before using the Salesforce Action block, you need to configure the Salesforce <> Ada integration in your Ada dashboard.
Configure the Salesforce Action Block
- In the left-side panel, navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Select Salesforce under Action Integrations.
Use the Salesforce Action Block
To use the Salesforce Action block:
- Drag the block into the appropriate Answer.
To complete the Salesforce Action Block:
- Select Action: Select the action you want to perform in Salesforce.
- Insert variables that should be passed to mandatory field that has been configured in your Salesforce instance. This is required to create a lead.
- In the Select Optional Inputs dropdown, select any other field from Salesforce you want to map Ada variables to, and insert the variables.
- In the Save Responses as Variables field, save a variable such as ID or Casenumber.
- Select a Fallback Answer, in the event that the request fails.
Have any questions? Contact your Ada team—or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.