Article Quick Links:
With the Hubspot Action Block, you can perform the following actions in Hubspot, all from within your bot:
- Create or update a contact
- Lookup a contact by email
- Lookup a contact by cookie—the cookie will need to be passed to Ada through metaFields
Before using the Hubspot Action block, you need to configure the HubSpot <> Ada integration in the dashboard.
Configure the Hubspot Action Block
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Select HubSpot under Action Integrations.
- Paste your HubSpot API key (found in your HubSpot environment) into the API Key field and click Save.
Use the Hubspot Action Block
To use the Hubspot Action block:
- Drag the block into the appropriate Answer.
- Select the action you want the block to perform in the Select Action dropdown.
- Identify the variable in Ada that should be passed to HubSpot in the mandatory input field—in this example, Email is mandatory.
- In the Select Optional Inputs dropdown, select any other field from HubSpot you want to map Ada variables to. In this example, we added City as an optional input.
- If you want to save the Contact ID in Ada for future use in an Answer flow, under Save Response as Variables select Contact ID, and then the appropriate variable to save the information in.
- Select a Fallback Answer in the event that the request fails.
For any additional questions, contact your ACX Consultant, Account Manager, or email us at email@example.com.