Article Quick Links
The Date Picker App presents chatters with an interactive calendar from which they can select a date. The date they select is saved as a variable. The interactive calendar lets your chatters benefit from an intuitive interface, and provides you with a date in a standardized format.
How to use the Date Picker App
Add the Date Picker to your Answers at the point where you want your chatters to choose a date. When the chatter encounters the Date Picker Block, they see an easy to use calendar graphic from which they can select a date. Each instance of the Date Picker in your answer creates a single variable with a single date. Add a separate Date Picker Block for each additional date you wish to capture from your chatters.
Example: You wish to capture a date range from your chatter. Use one Date Picker Block to capture the start date for the range. Use a second Date Picker Block to capture the end date.
Configuring the Date Picker Block
- Drag and drop the Date Picker Block from the block drawer into the Answer workspace.
- Click the Configuration drop-down menu and select an option to add it to the block.
- Complete the configuration options as required.
Date Format Adds a Date Format Field.
- Use the Date Format field to customize the format for the captured date. See the Date Formatting Guide for help with formatting syntax.
- YYYY-MM-DD — 2021-05-18 (default format)
- MM-DD-YYYY — 05-18-2021
- dddd, MMMM Do YYYY — Tuesday, May 18th 2021
- dddd [the] Do [of] MMMM — Tuesday the 18th of May
Start Date/End Date Adds a Start/End Date field.
- Use these fields to set the earliest and latest dates in a date range that the chatter can choose from.
- Format Dates as YYYY-MM-DD, or use a supported phrase to set a date relative to today.
- (x) days before
- (x) days after
- (x) weeks before
- (x) weeks after
- Click the Save Response as Variables drop-down and select your desired formats for the date selected by the chatter. The block reveals
- Selected Date — 2021-05-18
- Selected Date - Localized — May 18, 2021
You're done! Your Date Picker Block is now configured to show your chatters an easy to use calendar they can select a date from.
Have any questions? Contact your Ada team—or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.