Article Quick Links
Integrate your SendGrid account with Ada! Connect your Ada chatbot to your SendGrid API and add the ability to automatically send emails to your chatters.
Check out the SendGrid documentation to learn more about how SendGrid services work.
Configure the SendGrid App
Before you get started, ensure you have a SendGrid account. Configuring the SendGrid App is as simple as adding the API key for your SendGrid API.
- Click Settings, then Integrations on your Ada dashboard.
- Scroll to Action Integrations, then click the SendGrid Configure button. The SendGrid API Key screen displays.
- Add your SendGrid API key to the API Key field.
Note: To use the Send Email action, you need only have the mail.send permission for your SendGrid account.
- Click Save.
Use the SendGrid Block
Add a SendGrid Block at the point in an Answer where you want your bot to send an email to your chatter.
Note: You can’t use email templates with the SendGrid Block.
- Drag and drop the SendGrid Block from the block drawer into the Answer workspace.
- Click the Select Action drop-down menu, then select Send Email. The email configuration options display.
- Complete the email configuration fields.
Note: The email configuration fields are mandatory. You can’t save your Answer until all fields are completed.
- Click the Select Optional Inputs drop-down menu and select any optional configuration fields you wish to add.
- Configure your selected optional inputs as required.
Option Description Requirement Recipient Email(s) Add the recipient's email address. Mandatory Sender Email Add the sender's email address. Mandatory Reply-To Email Add the email address to receive incoming replies from the recipient. Mandatory Email Subject Add the email subject line text. Mandatory Content Type Add the email content MIME type. If you're unsure, just enter text/plain. Mandatory Email Content Add the body content for the email; in other words, the email message. There is no character limit. Mandatory BCC Email(s)
Add Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) email addresses.
- Email addresses defined as BCC are not visible to the other recipients.
- Use commas to separate multiple email addresses.
Optional CC Email(s) Add Carbon Copy (CC) email addresses Optional Reply-To Name Add the Reply-To sender's email address Optional Sender Name Add the sender's name. Optional
- Click the Fallback Answer drop-down menu and select a Fallback Answer.
- Click Save.
You're done! The SendGrid Block is now configured to send an email to your chatter.
For any additional questions, contact your ACX Consultant, Account Manager, or email us at email@example.com.