Article Quick Links
The Token Vault App lets you store your API authentication tokens securely on the Ada dashboard. Tokens are retrieved to a Sensitive Variable. Sensitive Variable data is redacted in transcripts and does not appear in Ada’s logs. Ada also scrubs the Sensitive Variable every 24 hours for added security.
Configuring the Token Vault App
To use the Token Vault App, add at least one API token to the configuration window in the dashboard Settings view.
- Click Settings, then Integrations.
- Scroll to Action Integrations, then click the Token Vault Configure button. The Token Vault configuration screen displays.
- Add your first API token to the 1st Token Value field.
- Add an identifying name to the 1st Token Name field.
- Add additional tokens to the 2nd and 3rd Token Value and Name fields, as necessary.
Note: You may store a maximum of 3 API tokens in the Token Vault.
- Click Save.
Using the Token Vault Block
Once you’ve added your API tokens to the Token Vault, setting up the block is a cinch. Add the Token Vault Block to the position in an Answer sequence when the token should be retrieved.
- Drag the Token Vault Block from the block drawer and drop it into the Answer workspace.
- Click the Select Action drop-down menu, then select Get Token.
- Click the Save Response as Variables drop-down menu, then select the token you wish to retrieve for use in the block.
- Click the Choose a Variable drop-down menu to the right of the Token Name.
- Assign an existing variable to saving your selected API token, or create a new variable.
Important: To secure your API token, select or create a Sensitive Variable to capture the token.
- Click the Fallback Answer drop-down menu, then select a fallback Answer for use should an error occur.
- Save your Answer.
Using the token variable
The variable you set to receive the API token can now be used to authorize an HTTP Request Block call to your API. Simply insert the variable in the header field to the right of the Authorization header label.
For any additional questions, contact your ACX Consultant, Account Manager, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.