This provides a description of Zendesk Chat presence messages in Ada's Conversations view. These messages help users understand the integration and connection behavior between Ada and Zendesk.
Initiation of Live Chat Connection:
- Message in Conversations View: "Connecting to live chat"
- Description: Indicates that the live chat connection has been initiated. This message appears when there is a page navigation or new tabs with Ada chat while in a live chat session.
- Message in Conversations View: "Connected to Zendesk"
- Description: Indicates that the integration has established a connection to Zendesk successfully.
Problem with Initializing Zendesk Connection:
- Message in Conversations View: "There was a problem with initializing the connection to Zendesk"
- Description: This error occurs when the Zendesk SDK was not initialized correctly or there was an attempt to initialize it even though it was already initialized. This can happen if the previous initialization failed.
- Message in Conversations View: "Failed to connect to Zendesk"
- Description: Indicates that the integration has failed or timed out while attempting to connect to Zendesk.
Connection States to Agent:
- Message in Conversations View: "You are now chatting with [Agent Name]"
- Description: Indicates when an agent has joined the conversation. It displays the name of the agent who joined.
Chatter has Ended Conversation:
- Message in Conversations View: "Chatter has ended the conversation"
- Description: Indicates when the chatter (user) has ended the conversation, either by clicking the "End Chat" button or leaving the chat window.
Agent has Ended Conversation:
- Message in Conversations View: "[Agent Name] has ended the chat"
- Description: Indicates when an agent has ended the conversation from Zendesk. It displays the name of the agent who ended the chat.
Chatter Browser Navigation:
- Messages in Conversations View : "The Chatter navigated away from the Chat Session" or "The Chatter returned to the Chat Session"
- Description: These messages indicate when a chatter navigates away from or returns to the chat tab. They are triggered by browser events and are added to the chat transcript. Note that page navigations (going to a different page or refreshing) are not recorded by these messages.
- Message in Conversations View: "Chat is no longer active in Zendesk"
- Description: This message is logged when the chat on the Zendesk side is no longer active. It occurs when a chatter navigates away from the chat page to a different page for a duration of 20-40 seconds and then returns to a page with Ada chat. At that point, Ada chat establishes a connection with Zendesk and checks if the chat is still active. If it is not active, this error message is posted.
Chatter has Network Instability Issues:
- Message in Conversations View: "The Chatter is experiencing network issues, there may be a delay in message receipt"
- Description: This message is triggered when a chatter loses internet or mobile data connectivity and then reconnects. It is added to the chat transcript to indicate the network issue and potential delays in message receipt. The message is also sent to the agent, but the frequency is limited to once every 5 minutes to avoid excessive notifications.
Zendesk Chatter Authentication:
- Message in Conversations View: "Zendesk chatter authentication failed"
- Description: This error can occur if the Zendesk SDK fails to authenticate due to an expired authentication JWT token or a network-related issue preventing authentication endpoint access.
Invalid Department ID:
- Message in Conversations View: "Not a valid department ID"
- Description: This error occurs when a handoff is targeted towards a Department ID that does not exist in Zendesk. Possible reasons include Chat Phase migrations on the Zendesk side without reconfiguring the Ada integration or deleting a department in Zendesk that is currently used for a handoff in Ada.
Connection Ended by Zendesk:
- Message in Conversations View: "Live chat connection ended by Zendesk"
- Description: This error indicates that the live chat connection was ended by Zendesk. It may occur if the chatter idle or chatter banned events are not logged correctly on the API side, resulting in this error message being displayed in the transcript.