Article Quick Links:
Proactive Intros and Advanced Proactive Intros are a powerful way for you to reach out directly to customers who are browsing your website with a personalized call to action. Typically, a customer clicks the Ada chat icon to initiate a conversation with the Ada bot. Now with Proactive Intros and Advanced Proactive Intros, you can use website events and your own data to target individual customers with tailored messaging. Ada’s Proactive Intros and Advanced Proactive Intros functionality unlocks new opportunities to initiate more customer interactions and deepen customer relationships.
Proactive Intros is configurable by ACX Bot Managers in the bot dashboard, and the logic on when to trigger the messaging is based on a URL and basic timing parameters. It is available as part of all of our non-legacy packages. Advanced Proactive Intros is configured by a developer at your organization, and the logic on when to trigger messaging is completely customizable according to your own parameters and website data. It is available as part of our Engage Add-On.
Proactive Intros is available as part of all of our non-legacy packages. It is configurable by ACX Bot Managers in the bot dashboard, and the logic on when to trigger the Proactive Intro is based on a URL and basic timing parameters.
The functionality provided by Proactive Intros allows your team to proactively engage visitors to your website with either an introductory call to action or a subtle animation to draw attention to the chat icon and encourage chat initiation. We will explore each of these options, message and emoji, in the following sections.
- The latest version of the Ada Embed Script must be installed on your web page for Proactive Intros to appear. For more information, please see here: Ada Embed
- Proactive Intros are compatible with Ada bots deployed on the web and mobile web. At this time, Proactive Intros is not compatible with Ada bots deployed in mobile applications.
The use of the Proactive Intros option of Message allows you to provide the website visitor with a specific text message next to the chat button. You can specify which webpages the message appears on, as well as the delay between when the visitor arrives on the page and when the message is presented.
The use of the Proactive Intros option of Emoji allows you to transform the chat button into an animated emoji to draw attention to the bot. You can specify which webpages the emoji appears on, as well as the delay between when the visitor arrives on the page and when the emoji is presented.
To configure Proactive Intros,
- Click Settings in your bot dashboard’s navigation menu.
- Select Proactive Intros from the menu on the left side.
- Click New Intro.
- Click to identify whether the intro you would like to create Message or Emoji.
- If you’ve selected Message, customize the Message Text, the text that will appear next to the chat button when the intro is presented. +If you’ve selected Emoji, click to choose an emoji from the options provided.
- Select a Follow Up Answer from the dropdown of answers in your bot’s answer library. This answer will be the first message shown in the chat window when a user clicks the Proactive Intro and opens Ada.
- Use the slider to configure the Delay setting. This will be the number of seconds the user is on the page before the Proactive Intro message or emoji appears.
- Use the slider to configure the Duration setting. This will be the number of seconds the Proactive Intro message or emjoi appears on the page.
- In the Paths field, add the URL for the webpage you would like the intro to appear on. Click the blue plus icon to add additional webpages for this specific intro message or emoji.
Note: You can include all addresses with the same root path by adding an asterisk (*) at the end of, or within, your paths (ex. https://google.com/* would apply the intro to both https://google.com/example and https://google.com/anotherexample).
- When you are happy with the configuration of the intro, click Publish. Your newly created intro will appear in the list of published Proactive Intros.
- To modify a Proactive Intro once created, hover over it in the list of intros and click Edit to modify or the trash can icon to delete.
Advanced Proactive Intros
Advanced Proactive Intros is available as part of our Engage Add-on. It is configured by a developer at your organization, and the logic on when to trigger messaging is completely customizable according to your own parameters and website data.
Advanced Proactive Intros was designed in a developer-friendly way to allow you to deliver the broadest range of proactive messaging opportunities to your customers. This ensures you are able to use all of the tools at your disposal to correctly segment your website visitors and deliver tailored messaging.
Sample Use Cases
Ada’s Advanced Proactive Intros can help you deliver on your ACX goals, including containment, engagement, and even driving revenue. For example, Advanced Proactive Intros can be utilized throughout your customer journey:
- Acquisition - Drive leads and nurture prospects with proactive engagement.
- Activation - Use Proactive Chat Advanced to activate new customers on your product. For example, if a user has not connected their bank account yet, prompt them to do so.
- Retention - Retain customers by preempting their support needs. For example, on a checkout page, flagging for the customer that their credit card number is missing a digit.
What is possible with Advanced Proactive Intros is limited only by your website’s infrastructure and your own creativity. Below are a list of some sample triggers that you may choose to employ should your website events and data allow.
- # of items in cart
- Value in cart
- Time on page
- Time on site
- # of pages viewed
- Current checkout step
- Returning customer / number of web page visits
- Device type
- Post-authentication meta-variables
- URL (lead source tracking)
- Browser language
- IP address location (country, city)
- Engaged with chat during visit
This feature is implemented as part of the Ada embed function. The developer at your organization that is working on it would call `createProactive` and include these parameters:
- Proactive messaging text (the copy that would appear in the intro bubble)
- Duration (how long you want the message to appear)
- Answer ID (the greeting you want to serve)
To trigger the proactive messages, you would wrap that function in some conditions, based on what you want to accomplish.
Our developer documentation for implementing Advanced Proactive Intros is available here: Ada Embed 2 - API Reference
For any additional questions or to confirm whether this feature is apart of your pricing plan, please contact your ACX Consultant, Account Manager or email us at: email@example.com