This article covers how to set up Ada within LivePerson and how to use live chat handoff from Ada to the rest of your LivePerson team.
Before getting started, ensure that your LivePerson account has rich content enabled. Reach out to your LivePerson Account Manager to confirm this is the case, or have this setting enabled.
Note: since Ada will be living inside your LivePerson as a Bot Agent, you do not need to instantiate the Ada Embed script.
Create a Bot Agent
- In the top menu (left side of screen), click Users
- At the bottom of the new screen, click + Add user
- Under User type, select Bot
- Create a login name for your Bot Agent
- Provide an email address for your Bot Agent (Make sure this email address will be used exclusively for the bot. Please do not use an email address that is already associated with a LivePerson Chat login.)
- Create a nickname, name, and employee ID for your Bot Agent
- Under Add login method, select Password
- Create a password for your Bot Agent
- Under Assignment, select Agent
- Max no. of live chats should be set to Unlimited
- Apply a skill to the Bot Agent (e.g. BOT_SKILL) and make sure that your Bot Agent is the ONLY one assigned to this skill
- Click the orange Save button (near top of screen)
- IMPORTANT: Send your Customer Success Manager the login credentials (username/email address and password) for your Bot Agent
To enable a handoff from the Bot Agent to a human agent, an agent must have an assigned Skill. We recommend creating a new Human EscalationSkill and assigning it to all of your human agents. Follow these steps to create a new Skill:
- Navigate to the Users tab
- Select Skills
- At the bottom, click + Add Skill
- Give your Skill a name (we recommend Human Escalation) and a description
- Click Save
Now that you've created the Human Escalation Skill, assign this Skill to all of your human agents in the Users tab. To assign the Human Escalation Skill to multiple agents at one time:
- Tick the box to the left of each human agent
- Click Action in the top right corner
- Select Assign Skills
- Add the Human Escalation Skill
- Click Save
- In the top menu, click Users
- Click on Skills
- Click on the Human Escalation Skill
- Copy the last 9 digits of the URL and save this string for a later step
- Create an Unavailable Answer for after live chat hours or when agents are not available - be sure to use Capture and Email Handoff so chatters can email your support team
- Open the Handoff to Support Answer
- Under Add an Action, click Chat Handoff
- Select the Unavailable Answer for after live chat hours or when agents are not available
- Enter an Acknowledgement Message so chatters know the bot is searching for a live agent
- In the Skill ID field, paste the 9-digit string you copied from your Human Escalation Skill in LivePerson (see Retrieve the Skill ID for Escalation, step 4)
- Click Publish to save your new Handoff Answer
Our team must complete the final steps to implement the integration. Please message your Account Manager securely via GPG with the following information:
- Your LivePerson Account Number
- Your Bot Agent Login Name
- Your Bot Agent Password
Note: Answers that contain a Chat Handoff Action should not include any Quick Reply buttons as the user will never reach these.
That's it! You've successfully configured Ada to escalate to LivePerson.
Set up a Test Environment
If you are already using Live Chat, you may want to set up a test environment with the Bot Agent before going live with the integration.
First, set up an engagement for the test environment. New live chats on this page will be routed to the bot.
- Add a skill to your Bot Agent (we recommend BOT_SKILL)
- Navigate to Campaigns
- Open a Campaign
- Click on Add Engagement > Web
- Select how you want the chat button to look and click Next
- In Settings, conversation type should be Live Chat
- In Settings, uncheck authentication
- In Settings, the routing should be set to Specific Skill: BOT_SKILL
- Click Next for the next two pages
- In the Entry Point section, click Add New
- Give this engagement a title (for example, Ada Bot Test)
- Define the entry point by Page (URL/Title) - here you can specify the URL for the test environment
- Save and click Done
Next, update the engagement for all other pages where LivePerson is currently in production. Chats on these pages should continue to be routed to live agents.
- Edit the settings so that the routing is set to Specific Skill: Human Escalation Skill
- Create a new entry point that excludes the test environment page - you will see an "exclude entry point" link on the entry point creation page
- Make sure you enable the Bot engagement by ticking the checkbox in the new engagement window
Note that a few Ada features are not supported or may appear differently in the LivePerson UI.
- Intros are not supported
- Movie Messages are not supported (to embed videos, use a .gif in the Picture Message block)
- Positive and Negative reviews are not supported, however the bot will store CSAT and machine learning will take place based on typed input
- Generate Preview feature of Link Messages is not supported
- Variables can only be created via Capture Message or HTTP Request - passing metavariables from LivePerson to Ada is not supported
- Automatic Multilingual detection is not supported. If multilingual is required, one bot for each language is required.
Depending on your LivePerson plan, you may need to purchase an additional seat for your Bot Agent.
Surveys and Transcripts
You can still have a pre-chat and post-chat survey with this integration. End users will be able to request for a copy of the conversation transcript to be emailed to them in the post-chat survey.
For any additional questions or to confirm whether this feature is apart of your pricing plan, please contact your ACX Consultant, Account Manager or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org