The Scheduled Block allows you to set a date and time range for the bot to deliver a specific response.
The Scheduled Block identifies two states. The first state is Yes (i.e. the question is within the timeframe). The second state is No (i.e. the question is outside the timeframe).
Before you set up a Scheduled Block, you will need to configure a schedule.
The bot compares the date and time of a user’s question to the date and time range defined in a schedule. If the question occurs within the date and time range, the bot will respond with the Yes response. If the question occurs outside the date and time range, the bot will respond with the No response.
How to configure a schedule:
- At the top of Ada, click Settings. The Settings view displays.
- In the column on the left, click Schedules. The Schedules page displays.
- Click the blue New Schedule button. The New Recurring Schedule window opens.
- Complete the following fields in the New Recurring Schedule window to configure the schedule:
Provide a unique name for your schedule.
Select the time zone your schedule reflects.
Set the days and times of the schedule.
Click Add a new rule to add additional ranges.
Click Add an exception, then use the calendar to select dates the schedule should skip (ex. holidays)
Click Save. Your new schedule is now available for selection within the Scheduled Block.
Using a Scheduled Block
A Scheduled Block is added to an answer from the Answers View in the same way all other blocks are added. Nest other Response Blocks within the Scheduled Block to act as the Yes and No responses. Nested Blocks can be edited, reordered, or deleted as necessary.
Note: You cannot add Operations Blocks to a Scheduled Block.
Three sections make up a Scheduled Block:
Use this drop-down menu to select a schedule configuration.
Use this section for the response to a question asked within the scheduled date and time.
Use this section for the response to a question asked outside the scheduled date and time.
How to configure a Scheduled Block:
- At the top of the dashboard, click Answers. The Answers view displays.
- Select the answer to which you wish to add the Scheduled Block.
- Open the Block Drawer, then drag and drop a Scheduled Block into the answer content section of the answer.
- From the Within Schedule drop-down menu, select your desired schedule.
- From the Block Drawer, drag and drop the desired response blocks into the Yes and No fields.
- Add response content to the Response Blocks nested under Yes and No.
- Click Save. The completed Scheduled Block has now been added to your answer.
For any additional questions or to confirm whether this feature is apart of your pricing plan, please contact your ACX Consultant, Account Manager, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org