Customizing your bot’s chat button will help you ensure that your bot is easy to access and fits within your branding guidelines. Keep in mind that the chat button should be a visually familiar icon that’s easy to find.
You’ll need the latest version of the Embed Script in order to brand your chat button.
Customize the chat button
The default chat button is black and white with a speech ballon icon, but there are several options available for you to tailor the button to your needs.
- Set your button type – Choose a round button with just an icon, or oval with a bit of custom text.
- Change the button color – Set it to match your brand, or just pick a color that makes it stand out.
- Use a custom icon – Upload your own image to make your chat button completely your own.
Here's how to customize your chat button:
- On the Ada dashboard, go to Settings > Bot Setup > Bot Customization, then click the Chat button drop-down menu.
- In the Chat button menu, select your preferred button style:
Round button Contains a speech balloon icon. You can customize the icon, background color, and button size. Text button Oval button containing the speech balloon icon and the word Chat. You can customize the text.
- Adjust your chat button appearance using the settings available to the button type you chose.
- Click Save Changes.
If your bot is live, the changes you make to your chat button appear immediately to your chatters once you save them.
Have any questions? Contact your Ada team—or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.