Article Quick Links:
- The Block Bar
- Inserting Content Blocks
- Collapsing All Blocks in the Answer Editor
- Copying and Pasting Content Blocks
The Block Bar
All Answer blocks can be found in the Block Bar located on the right side of your browser window. The Block Bar remains visible as you scroll through the page and is divided into three parts:
Inserting Content Blocks
From the Block Bar, click and hold an Answer Block, then drag it to the left and drop it into the Answer Editor section in the middle of the page. You will hear a snap noise indicating that the block has successfully been added as an Answer component.
You can use the drag-and-drop feature of the Ada Answers dashboard to begin putting your Answers together. You can also double-click any content block, and it will be added underneath the most recent block you’ve edited.
Collapsing All Blocks in the Answer Editor
If you find that it takes a long time to scroll through Answers in the Answer Editor when they contain several blocks, you can use the following shortcut to collapse all of the blocks within the Answer Editor.
- For Mac: hold Command + click on collapse icon on the top right of any block
- For PC: hold CTRL + click on the collapse icon on the top right of any block
This shortcut will assist you in better navigating Answers, as well as providing a quick overview of an Answer without scrolling.
Copying and Pasting Content Blocks
Reusing Content Blocks is as simple as copying and pasting. You can paste blocks into an existing Answer, a new Answer, or even another bot!
Here’s how to do it:
- Click the title bar of a block. A blue outline shows it is selected.
Note: To select multiple blocks, hold the Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) key while selecting the blocks you want to copy.
- At the bottom of the block, click Copy.
- Open the target Answer in which you want to paste the block.
- In the target Answer Content field, move your cursor to the desired position for the block. A grey dashed line will appear.
- Click the dashed line to select the paste position. The line will change to solid blue.
- Click Paste.
- If you’re copying a block with variables, you will need to recreate the variables once you’ve pasted the block in place.
Have any questions? Contact your Ada team—or email us at email@example.com.