Article Quick Links
The Fetch Chat MetaData Block retrieves the chat transcript and chatter info from a conversation, and saves them as variables. This is useful for easily passing that information to your database. It is also a critical component of the Zendesk Ticketing App handoff process.
This block is a passive block. The chatter doesn't interact directly with it and won't be aware of its presence when it triggers.
Configure the Fetch Chat MetaData Block
The Fetch Chat MetaData Block is an App Block. It follows the same basic setup process as all other apps.
- Under Select Action, click the Select Action drop-down menu, then click Fetch Chat MetaData.
- Under Select Variables for Inputs, click the Chatter Token field, then add the red chatter_token metavariable.
- Under Save Response as Variables, click the Select Optional Variables drop-down menu.
- Click the Select Optional Variables drop-down menu, then select the optional variables you'd like to capture. Use the following table to learn about each option.
Chat Transcript Select this option to save the conversation transcript to a variable. Chatter Info
Select this option to save the chatter's metadata to a variable. This is the same information that is found by clicking the Chatter Info button in the Conversations view.
- For each optional variable selected, click the Choose a Variable drop-down menu, then select an existing variable, or create a new one, to capture the information.
- Under Fallback Answer, click the Choose an Answer drop-down menu, then select an Answer to serve as a fallback should the block encounter an error.
- Click Save.
The Fetch Chat MetaData Block is set up and ready to go.
Have any questions? Contact your Ada team—or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.