Article Quick Links
Approved Domains limits where the bot can appear based on a list of allowed domains that you create. The bot will not appear on any domains other than those listed. This is an important step in ensuring that your bot is not vulnerable to hijack by malicious parties.
Use the Approved Domains view
The Approved Domains view is on the Bot Setup tab in the Settings menu of the Ada Dashboard. The bot won't appear for your website visitors unless you authorize your website's domain URL by adding it to the Approved Domains list.
Add a Domain
Here's how to add a domain to the Authorized Domains list:
- On the Ada dashboard, go to Settings > Bot Setup > Authorized Domains.
- On the Approved Domains view, click Add Domain. The Add an Authorized Domain window appears.
- In the Add an Authorized Domain window, in the Domain URL field, enter the domain URL you want to authorize. Use the following formats:
📝 Note: Use the top level domain URL only. Do not include any page paths. If you have many subdomains, but want to include only some of them, you have to enter them individually.
- Click Add to add the domain URL to the domain list.
Edit a Domain
You can edit any domains already in your list.
- On the Approved Domains view, in the domains list, click the pencil icon next to the domain entry you want to edit.
- In the Edit Domain window, make your changes to the domain URL in the Domain URL field.
- Click Save.
You'll now see the updated domain in the domain list.
Remove a Domain
- On the Approved Domains view, in the Domain list, click the trash can icon next to the domain entry you want to delete.
- In the Confirm Domain Removal window that appears, click Yes, Remove Domain.
This removes the domain from the list. Your bot will no longer launch on that domain.
For any additional questions, contact your ACX Consultant, Account Manager, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.