Article Quick Links
- How Smart Search works
- Configure Smart Search
- Chatter experience
With Smart Search, your bot can use your knowledge base as a back up when it doesn't know the answer to a question. If it finds any article matches, your bot will share the links to the articles with the chatter. This is a great way to enhance the chatter experience, ensuring they get the answers they're looking for.
📝 Note: Smart Search is available for Zendesk Guide only. It is currently not available for other knowledge base platforms.
- Zendesk Guide
- Ada's Personalization package
How Smart Search works
Once you connect Smart Search to your help center, your bot syncs with your knowledge base and ingests the articles that exist there. By doing this, your bot can search the content of these articles to find the best match for any questions it doesn't have an Answer for. Up to three articles in order of relevance, depending on how many are a good match.
How does Smart Search find articles?
Smart Search uses Ada's own search logic, and looks at both the article title and body content to find a match. Smart Search doesn't use labels or other search relevance data.
What if there are no article matches?
Chatters only see Smart Search results if there is at least one relevant article match to their question. If there are no article matches, your bot responds with the Not Understood Answer.
Does anything need to be done to prepare my help center?
No. Everything required for Smart Search to work is already built in.
Configure Smart Search
Connecting Ada to your knowledge base couldn't be easier. You just need your Zendesk subdomain—add it to the Smart Search configuration in the Integrations view, and you're done!
Follow these steps:
- On the Ada dashboard, go to Settings > Integrations, then scroll down to the Knowledge Base Integrations section.
- On the Zendesk Guide tile, click Connect. The Connect Zendesk Guide dialog appears.
- In the Subdomain field, enter your Zendesk subdomain, then click Connect.
- A confirmation message displays in the dialog to indicate a successful connection. Click Go to Answer to open the Smart Search Answer.
- You can use Ada's default message, or you can customize the Smart Search Answer content as you see fit.
The connection between Smart Search and Zendesk Guide is complete. Now your bot can leverage your help center to make sure your chatters get the information they need.
|💡 Note: Once connected, it may take a few minutes for your bot to complete the initial sync with your knowledge base. Smart Search won't return articles until that sync is complete.|
Disconnect Smart Search
If you want to stop your bot from searching for relevant help articles you need to disconnect your knowledge base account from Smart Search. This can be done with a click of a button.
- On the Ada dashboard, go to Settings > Integrations.
- Scroll down to Smart Search, then click Connect on the Zendesk Guide card. The Connect Zendesk Guide dialog appears.
- Click Disconnect account, then click Disconnect.
You'll see a confirmation message appear at the bottom of the dashboard. From then on, your bot will no longer search your help center for articles.
The experience for the chatter is pretty straightforward. When they ask a question for which the bot doesn't have an answer, but for which there are relevant knowledge base articles, the bot presents them with a list of all the articles that best relate to the question. The chatter can then select the article they think is the best match. The article opens in its own window within the main Ada chat window.
- The chatter asks a question.
- The bot responds with the text added to the Smart Search Answer. This should indicate that the bot doesn't know the answer to the question directly, but has some articles that may be relevant.
- The bot shares up to three articles which best match the chatter's question.
- The chatter clicks the link to the article of their choice.
- The article opens within the Ada chat window.
- Once done with the article the chatter closes the article by clicking the X.
- The article window closes, and can select another article, or continue chatting with your bot.
Have any questions? Contact your Ada team—or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.