Multi-bot Routing helps you connect your Zendesk Social Messaging channels to multiple Ada chatbots. If you use Zendesk's Sunshine Conversations (SunCo) and have more than one Ada chatbot, Multi-bot Routing lets you connect your social media channels among your various bots using a single Sunshine Conversations (SunCo) app.
It's important that the following Zendesk features are not yet integrated with your bot before starting the Multi-bot Routing configuration; however, they are requirements and should be available to your Zendesk account.
Configure Multi-bot Routing
|❗️ Important: If you are already using Sunshine Conversations and Zendesk Agent Workspace integrations with Ada, you must first remove them completely before your Ada team activates the Multi-bot Routing feature. You will install them again during the Multi-bot Routing configuration process.|
- Have your Ada team activate the Multi-bot Routing feature for your bot.
- Configure your bot for Sunshine Conversations and Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Add the Zendesk Social Messaging app to your Zendesk account.
- In Zendesk, create a trigger to close support tickets marked solved.
📝 Note: This step ensures control of the chat passes from your agent back to your bot once the agent marks the ticket as solved.
- On the Ada dashboard, enable the social channels you want active for your bot. Go to Settings > Integrations, and find the Channels Integrations section. Your social channels are nested under the Sunshine Conversations card.
- Click the toggles for the social channels you want to enable. An enabled toggle switches to the right and turns green.
❗️ Important: If you have multiple chatbots, enable a specific channel in one bot at a time. For example, if you have three bots and you want to activate your WhatsApp channel, enable it in only one of your three bots at a time.
Use your Professional Instagram account to surface story replies, direct messages, and mentions in your preferred platform. Instagram lets you have meaningful interactions with your customers in a scalable manner, giving you the opportunity to drive sales and improve customer satisfaction.
Configure the Instagram Direct app
- On your Sunshine Conversations dashboard, open your project app, then click Connect Integrations.
- Under Customer Channels, click Instagram Direct, then click Connect to start the setup process. For help setting up, refer to SunCo's Instagram Direct user guide.
- Once you've connected Instagram Direct to your SunCo app, open your Ada dashboard and go to Settings > Integrations. The Instagram Direct channel appears under Channels Integrations.
💡 Note: If your Ada dashboard was already open, the Instagram Direct channel may not appear in the list. Just click Refresh list at the bottom of the section and the channel should appear.
Have any questions? Contact your Ada team—or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.